PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Airline Begins Conducting Rapid COVID-19 Tests For Boarding Passengers
Old 18th Apr 2020, 19:56
cxorcist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FreemaninHK
They will get better.. and I will be the way forward. I agree about DXB.. but government wanting pax screening before and maybe after flights is something coming I fear.
What we should not and cannot have is “window dressing” wrt passenger testing. Yes, there should be temperature scans, but not testing pre-departure at the airport. Unless the tests are fast, reliable, and affordable; there is no point. Think of all the “security” layers to navigate at the airport, and now add health screening with a swab and analysis. Forget about it, not going to happen.

At some point, people are just going to have to accept risk if they want to travel. In many regards, the reason we are now bordering on a global depression is because the world has become, in my mind, excessively risk averse. We are adverse to low probabilities and ignore many higher risk probabilities. It’s just plain dumb. We have to get our priorities right.

In many regards, the western world is playing right into the hands of autocrats who will pretend they can keep us “safe”. Don’t fall for it!