PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FTE Jerez v FTA Global
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2020, 12:32
planesandthings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Historically FTE Jerez has been the slightly more open one of the big three training providers and did provide full accomodation and board at least until recently. Unlike L3 who now even charges for accommodation on top of the £93k course cost. FTA is good but for the price has not delivered graduates into hugely better position than modular.

That aside I agree with all the comments above, scrap anything you heard about pilot shortages, booming markets and global demand. It's gone and it may never be the same again. By all means look but don't even bother going for assessments of any kind until at least the end of the year. Schools will try and tell you that the market will boom immediately afterwards, but after so many of my friends, some very experienced have been made redundant in recent weeks I see no jobs for trainee pilots for a minimum of two to three years. You must ensure that you'll get a return on the end of this investment. Some that are qualifying now may never fly an airliner and could face bankruptcy for the debt they got into. You're young and you have time. Wait it out and consider a second career also. I hear Medicine is booming at the moment and you don't have to pay 150k for training!