PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hard times for Norwegian
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2020, 11:35
EIFFS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How long?

Originally Posted by RexBanner
Probably because they liked being sold a product below cost. I don’t think it’s anything more complicated than that. Don’t get me wrong I actually hope Norwegian pull through eventually because it would be indicative of a wider upswing for the industry plus no one really wants or likes to see colleagues on the other side of the fence being put out of work into a desolate wasteland (which is what it’ll be post Covid). Realistically though the government package isn’t massive, how long is 3B Krona really going to last them even if they pull this last throw of the dice off? Genuine question here.

Quick answer is probably not very long, the word is that long haul out of LGW was profitable, the bigger problem when will any airline be able to start flying again let alone long haul , who wants to travel to Spain let alone the US and South America.

If they can pull off some form of deal with the Norwegian Government it will very much be about Norway not the UK, I think there will be a Norwegian going forward, but not as we know it now.