PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TUI Airways
Thread: TUI Airways
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2020, 23:03
azz767

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ROC10
As far as I’m aware they don’t ‘own’ any of the remaining 757s but since this is the case with the vast majority of the fleet, it seems odd to refer to them as “leased”.

I would imagine all of the new 738 acquisitions will also be “leased” but they are not temporary summer leases and hence, in theory, should be treated no differently from the other 738s in the fleet (although if they don’t have Scimitars that may affect where they operate from).

The point I was making was that, 757/767 are probably less likely to be used as they are larger (so demand will need to be high enough) but also that they are inherently less efficient to operate than 737/787.
Whilst I agree with your point I also have think the 76’s may have a role to play. Let’s say 2 or 3 countries are ‘safe to travel’ and the rest are book at your own risk. Let’s say randomly the canaries are a safe zone. Everybody will book to go to the canaries, so will the extra capacity be needed for runs to the safer zones. I may be wrong and I’m just playing devils advocate. I think the 757’s are all but done. The recent 737 leases will cover the 757’s but may the 767’s have a short term role to play?