PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Full procedure racetrack
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2020, 13:09
greg765

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FlightDetent
for B) I was trained that if a racetrack is the reversal pattern, joining the shape and establishing inbound is not enough and you must do one full spin after having arrived overhead the fix. A rule I questioned silently but accept, having not taken the time to study in-depth. Lack of authoritative material being a major reason (ICAO / EU rules) [Banana's 3.2.3.2. "2" is a strong hint my gut against the absolute statement might be right]
I remember something similar but I cannot find any official reference to it. Can anybody help with this one ?

The way I understand SR-22 latest message would be that we should join the racetrack, do whatever entry is required depending on the entry sector, and shoot the approach straight away (if altitude allows). But it makes a huge difference if I have to enter the racetrack, then fly over the beacon again without shooting the approach, fly a full racetrack before I can shoot the approach.

How many times are we supposed to overfly the beacon ? (Haha I know, a straight in approach would be much easier, but that's not the purpose of the question )