PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - APTITUDE Testing:Info or Intox?
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2003, 20:58
M.85

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
APTITUDE Testing:Info or Intox?

Dear All,

Having recently,I admit,failed an aptitude test for an Airline,I would like to have some comments on why these tests are being used to assess crews.
I understand they may be used as a selection process by airlines to decide which of the candidates will be trained and hired by them but on a basis that these above future pilots dont have any experience,licences yet.(ie:ab initio) and training is paid by the sponsor.
For people who already have reached a certain standard in the business(ie;ATPL) and have shown that they do indeed, have spatial orientation,and can use their feet while their hands and mind are in action..
I believe that Interviews are essential to the selection as each airline may me looking for different minded people and sim checks to allow both parties to show and assess CRM aptitude.
Eventhough Air France still asks its HR to interpret their potential recruits on manuscript interpretation,is aptitude testing relevant to people who have proven in the past, their ability to operate and fly an aircraft,Is asking them to mentally fold and unfold boxes a correct way to select the above?

Comments welcomed,

M.85