PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air NZ pilot redundancies
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2020, 05:36
ElZilcho

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
All fair points Corkey, I wasn't aware Pilots were transiting JQ so quickly. The only Pilots I know personally who came from JQ did so early in the piece when Air NZ were running short courses for them and all had done at least 2-3 years if not more. I have heard that some ex-regional Pilots had done 1-2 years with an external Carrier before getting called to Air NZ but understood they were mostly ex-Eagle who left just prior to the shutdown.

"Forgetting" to sign bonds is quite underhanded and ruins it for the guys after you. It's attitudes like that which see operators demand you self fund your type rating upfront, something I strongly oppose.

As for that txt, well for the sake of retaining some anonymity for those involved I wont repeat it here, but it basically told an ex-regional Pilot they (and everyone else in similar circumstances) are getting what they deserve.

Unfortunately, emotions are running high at the moment and it's bringing out the worst in people. Within the Jet Fleet there's been some equally toxic communications circulating, diving young and old, junior and senior, ALPA or FED. As I said in the QF thread about Seniority, there's going to be a few guys buying their own beers once this is all over.

<edited - don't want to add fuel to the flames around regional vs external hires>

Last edited by ElZilcho; 17th Apr 2020 at 06:03.