PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Media coverage of govt support for VA
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2020, 02:29
Bedder believeit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel Bedder believeit

I worked in the aviation industry in PNG, Australia, Dubai and Hong Kong for 45 years, and I loved what I did, both the flying, and ATC and I loved every minute of it, along with the aeroplanes that meant so much to me. When I was a 6 year old kid in New Guinea in the early 50's I still remember Gibbes Sepik Airways JU-52's between Madang and the Highlands or QANTAS DC-3's with side saddle seating, and QF Connies from Moresby to Sydney. Now I sit and read some thoughts on people who might be in aviation, but don't love it. I have nothing to do with aviation now, other than memories, and I know a few VA pilots, and my heart goes out to all the aviation people in Australia, no matter their job function, who are **** scarred of where their future lies. I read thoughts by people on this topic of Gov't assistance to VA (and others) about our country being cast into debt for years to come. Well who gives a ****? Look at any major project in the past that caused squeals of outrage when being mooted, be it be the The Sydney Opera House, F1-11's or any other expensive project. So what. The future in it's own quiet way sorts things out. I hope the aviation industry gets back to where it was, and we can all breathe a collective sigh of relief. Love aviation people.