PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air NZ pilot redundancies
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2020, 02:28
ElZilcho

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Corkey McFuz
Settle down mate and don't take my comments out of context. I'm not a regional pilot you're talking about, I've never worked for the Air NZ group so haven't experienced the particular attitudes/people you're talking about, in fact I never mentioned regional at all.
I was agreeing with your comment on the irony in that a number of people gapped it from really good jet jobs perhaps on the assumption of job security. Had they stayed (at two operators) they would likely still be employed. Many of these pilots had only been at said operators for 5 minutes having barely been checked to line, some not paying bonds but in general fu*king over the hand that feeds them. That is not a good way to do life and may well have effected their career severely because they sure won't be able to return to either of the two remaining other jet operators in NZ. If I was them and had the opportunity to fly a good job again I would be reassessing some of those practices/attitudes because in cases like this, it may well have ruined their chances of reviving their jet career in this part of the world.
It's bloody sad, I feel for them and I'm in no competition or poking fun, my fate has all ready been decided, my career is down the tubes.

If you've got a problem with my comments or the group you think I'm with then take it up with me via PM
No point in using PM's, disabled them years ago.

There have been a lot of back and forths in this thread, so as you said, lets not take individual posts out of context. My original post which you first quoted referred to external Pilots coming to Air NZ for more Job security. That referred to all externals. The 387 is made up of Pilots from all backgrounds, including those returning home after years in Asia or ME. We also have former Captains (some were Check and Training) from JQ, JC & Virgin who all did significantly longer than 5 minutes with those carriers as did many of the FO's who came across after 3-5 years with their respective Airlines. All are facing redundancy, including former Regional Pilots who "did everything right".

Appreciate you didn't mention Regionals, but who else went to JQ (etc) for 5 minutes and subsequently joined Air NZ?
Anyway, wasn't having a go at you, but what you said because unfortunately, you aren't the first one to say it as I mentioned in a subsequent post about a txt message I was shown directed at an ex Regional Pilot.

-edited-

Last edited by ElZilcho; 17th Apr 2020 at 02:40.