PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air NZ pilot redundancies
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2020, 01:28
Corkey McFuz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ElZilcho
Yes, people who make certain remarks throughout the business are a tiny minority. My comment about "some pilots" was in direct response to Corkey McFuz comment which I quoted. Secondly, I was (un)fortunate enough to be forwarded a disgusting txt message one of my junior colleagues received shortly after the 387 was announced. They're a former Regional Pilot who joined the Jet as an external. Enough said?
Settle down mate and don't take my comments out of context. I'm not a regional pilot you're talking about, I've never worked for the Air NZ group so haven't experienced the particular attitudes/people you're talking about, in fact I never mentioned regional at all.
I was agreeing with your comment on the irony in that a number of people gapped it from really good jet jobs perhaps on the assumption of job security. Had they stayed (at two operators) they would likely still be employed. Many of these pilots had only been at said operators for 5 minutes having barely been checked to line, some not paying bonds but in general fu*king over the hand that feeds them. That is not a good way to do life and may well have effected their career severely because they sure won't be able to return to either of the two remaining other jet operators in NZ. If I was them and had the opportunity to fly a good job again I would be reassessing some of those practices/attitudes because in cases like this, it may well have ruined their chances of reviving their jet career in this part of the world.
It's bloody sad, I feel for them and I'm in no competition or poking fun, my fate has all ready been decided, my career is down the tubes.

If you've got a problem with my comments or the group you think I'm with then take it up with me via PM

Last edited by Corkey McFuz; 17th Apr 2020 at 01:50.