PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is the future of instructing?
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2020, 23:17
Radgirl

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts
Ebbie 2003: sorry I wasnt precise enough - in the UK it is unlawful to leave your house except for specific purposes so recreational flying is banned. You can fly to get to work or for essential purposes...I meant that theoretically I will be able to fly without physical risk after lockdown

White light: risk of infection and viral load are quite separate. If you go into a pub with 20 people there is a high statistical risk one will be shedding virus so your risk of infection is high, but unless that person coughs over you or you are very close the load will be low. If you fly with just one student the risk of infection may only be 5% and it will be the same no matter how many times you fly with him but if the student is shedding and you spend an hour in the cockpit inches apart and then at a desk briefing and debriefing you will get a higher viral load.

The higher the viral load the sicker you will be. If you have a low viral load and you are under 40 the risk to you is low - we need you to isolate to stop infecting others. As you get older the risk of death increases. As the load increases the risk of death increases. Two separate but potentially accumulative factors.