PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air NZ pilot redundancies
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2020, 20:35
Flash Blackman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ElZilcho
I've heard that attitude floating around, seems some regional Pilots are getting their jollies on the knowledge their former colleagues might be losing their jobs with no where to go. Pretty disgusting if you ask me and I'd suggest those particular individuals are the ones who should be questioning their own morals.

And for what it's worth, the majority of externals looking at losing their jobs are not necessarily former regional pilots who "jumped the queue".
Whilst I'd like to think that isnt happening, it might be. I would suggest it might be in small numbers and I would also suggest (having worked in similar companies) there are rumours on both sides which ends up fueling the negative culture and relationship in a vicious circular logic. On the jet side we have "the prop guys are smirking at our losses and clapping hands - they're always being disrespectful!" and on the prop side we have "the jet guys are trying to rewrite the contract and take our jobs. They're always trying to take from us!".
Why does it have to be like this? We're all pilots and most of us are adults too. I find it interesting that blokes in identical roles and in this case the same uniform can stare at each other across the board room or planning room with such contempt. For what reason? Both jobs have their individual challenges. "I'd like to see them try fly this aircraft" is an entirely pointless statement as are the empty rumours of what the other side is apparently saying. So much unnecessary competition.
/rant