PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 16th Apr 2020, 20:33
glenb

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts
A quick update

There are a number of issues, but initially the Commonwealth Ombudsman was investigating Mr Jason Mc Heyzers (CASA Region Manager- Southern Region) direction that my continuing employment was unteanable based on comments that I was making publicly. My assumption is that those comments were made here on Pprune because that is the only place I was making any comments. As you are aware that lead to my employment being terminated. I had a significant issue with this because the impact on me and my family was obviously significant, and I now work as a water meter reader on a significantly less than Australian average income. Had his direction been made on safety grounds or regulatory breaches I may not have taken such exception. I felt that he had significantly overstepped his authority and abused his power. I submitted my complaint to the Ombudsman who appears to have uncovered other matters of concern. I wrote to him for an update and recently received this response. I will write further over the weekend, but for the time being I have to hit the road and get reading water meters. I would hate for any of you not to get your water bills on time.

"Dear Mr Buckley

Thank you for your email of this morning.

I have drafted a preliminary view on a number of issues and require higher-level sign-off before sending to CASA. It is a series of issues that do not address the alleged role in the termination of your employment but go to the matters leading up to it. Once sent to CASA, it will have 30 days to respond, although the COVID-19 issue may affect that.

Your case is at our “Category 4” which indicates a degree of complexity beyond what is normal.

In the circumstances I cannot give you an approximation as to when my inquiry will be finalised.

Yours sincerely