PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is the future of instructing?
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2020, 18:18
white light

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some very interesting replies.

Radgirl, when you mention ‘viral load’, you give a figure of an instructor flying with 20 students, (whether this is hypothetical or real, I’d like to explore that a bit if I may..). I understand viral load in this way:

if you go to a pub & there are 20 people there who carry the virus, (unknowingly) & you spend a few hours there, you are at risk of a high viral load. If you stay in & one of your household is carrying, (or exhibiting), the virus, you will be subject to a low viral load. I assume this is correct...

Now, based on the figure of 20 students possibly infected, what sort of viral load would the instructor be subject to if he/she flew with 4 or 5 of these students daily? Also, what viral load would they be subjected to if they flew with the same people just once or twice weekly? Conversely, I assume that a student flying for one hour or so with an asymptomatic instructor would be subject to a low viral load from this source?
if that is the case, most of the risk would be taken by the instructor, but based on the scenarios above, how high would that risk be?

I am really interested in this & hopefully, you will reply, as it sounds like you know your stuff & that is what we need right now