PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TUI Airways
Thread: TUI Airways
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2020, 14:33
ROC10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JonnyH
Complete load of rubbish. You’re not going to pay to lease aircraft and then leave your own aircraft on the ground. If TUI thought they would not need the leases they would have cancelled them just like Jet2 did.

These frames they have leased would have been on the radar far earlier than the unforeseen lockdown and I highly doubt a DECREASE in aircraft demand is going to result in only older airframes being available. Should we not be seeing an increase in availability across the lease market?

We need to stick to facts or, at the very least, plausible information instead of hear say.
Sorry, I’m not sure what your point is. I don’t think I mentioned leased capacity. Like you say Jet2 have cancelled theirs and TUI quite possibly have too but I’m not sure. When did I say only older airframes would be available? I said that post-COVID there are likely going to be many younger frames available but that obviously couldn’t be foreseen and they probably wouldn’t want to acquire any further frames anyway, given the fact they have these older acquisitions arriving. I’m not talking about summer leases, of course those are unlikely to be needed (for at least much of the summer anyway) and therefore possibly cancelled.