PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates or Cathay?
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2003, 19:08
bus canuck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, I did take it personally because to agree with the "cocktales" statement would be to say that my wife is virtually slotherly. Also, "compound" is a word I associate with a confined, restricted area. It has a negative connotation for me, but maybe that's just my English...Accomodations at EK/Dubai is a huge issue and had been written about in many, many threads. Suffice to say that every villa/flat has good and down sides. For the most part, they are very nice.

Anyway, to your original question, one has to realize that in today's world, these are both excellent jobs. It depends on what's important to you. For example, schooling. (It's excellent in Dubai.) How about your hobbies? I made sure I could pursue my sports before I moved.

EK's package is fairly modest in terms of basic wage, so if the accomadations and other 'perks' don't interest you, CX is better. However, EK is expanding rapidily...

Basically, I think EK is a longer term commitment. CX pays significantly better and you'd be in a better position to leave earlier if you didn't like the ex-pat life.

Sorry I was so abrupt. I thought you were ending your 'research' and had accepted steriotypical conclusions. Your response was well measured and I'll keep my future posts the same!

Cheers