PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus- Rostering and Seating Issues
Old 16th Apr 2020, 12:23
VinRouge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dark Stanley
Suggest you watch ITV (UK) report, “ Into the red zone”. Trip into Lombardy and in particular Bergamo hospital.
State of the art hospital, completely overwhelmed. Dedicated highly skilled care workers close to exhaustion, not to mention the time bomb of PTSD. But that’s ok, you’ve had it, so it’s not so bad. What is it fake news? Jesus it’s nutters like you that have contributed to the misery that thousands are experiencing because you know better. I’ve always known that the intelligence spread within the pilot community is spread, I just didn’t know it was so thin, or more correctly so dim.....
Most people dying of it (over 98%) are over 70. Many would have bought the farm in winter if we hadn't had an exceptionally effective flu jab this winter season, meaning lots of vulnerable people were left in the population. The figures for the UK over winter were around 8K down on the normal weekly death stats. The CURRENT Uk weekly death stats currently match the worst flu outbreak in the last 10 years and are nowhere near where we were during the 1957 flu pandemic.

Yet instead of dealing with this rationally, we have decided to put the UK into the worst recession in over 300 years. So please, less reading of irrational media reporting, which seems to have gotten you a little bit excited and a little less lecturing about relative intelligence. You may want to have a look at the impact of a 1% GDP fall on poverty and subsequent life expectancy.

And I didn't mention fake news. My perspective is people need to come to terms that around 0.5% of the global population are going to succumb to this, many of whom would have been on the way out anyway in the next 2-3 years, with the chronic medical conditions that have left them vulnerable to NCov. We shouldnt be succumbing to media driven public hysteria and should be looking instead of the relative impact of our decisions. Sweden for example look as if they are past peak infection and instead of hiding behind the sofa at the 5 O'clock news for the next 6 months, will be through this much quicker than most western countries. With probably a similar total mortality count, compressed into a few months.

We also shouldn't be writing off thousands of Cancer patients and transplant list patients because the sexy disorder of the moment is NCov and Government are so scared of their shadow and criticism, they refuse to take difficult decisions. That in itself is a disgrace. Many of these people are of a working age with much life ahead of them, yet they are being written off to save people in the sunset years.