PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ‘Christine’ takes a hit
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2020, 10:20
Hot 'n' High

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
A friend of mine was Deps AEO on a Stovie Sqn and, one evening after night flying at VL, there was much pushin', shovin' and general agro trying to get all the jets to where they should be in the Shed to recover them for the flypro the following day, the SHARs having gone TU in style and considerable numbers during the course of the day. Trying times for Deps trying to keep the show on the road in amongst birds going sick up the ying-yang.

Eventually, a weary Deps agreed to some non-standard parking for a sick jet outside the Sqn buildings adjacent to the Shed so it could be worked on there with access to power and stuff even though there was no room at the inn so to speak. Tired and fed up, Deps finally decided to call it a night, jumped into his pride-and-joy hot hatchback, engaged reverse and was doing quite well until a SHAR Tailplane appeared through the rear window of said HHB, it's appearance announced in a snow storm of shards of broken glass!!!

Yep, got it in one. As he said in the bar recounting the event a few days after, "What made it worse was I'd authorized the jet to be parked there! And how did I not see something that big parked right behind my car????". As consolation, I bought him another beer, there being nothing else I could offer the poor chap! AS, if you see this, hiya Mate! Hope all's good! Looong time no see!

H 'n' H