PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin recruiting soon...
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2020, 23:36
dylanhk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by matzpenetration
dylanhk,

If you haven’t yet got your frozen ATPL, I would recommend you invest your money in a more secure career. Aviation is going to take years to recover from COVID and there is going to be a very large supply pool of unemployed, highly qualified pilots all ready to fill any vacancies that become available in that time period. Unless you already have the licences put your money elsewhere. With hindsight, medicine, law or computer science would have been far more secure!
I appreciate the advice. I currently have an ATPL (ATP Certificate Holder officially) however I have yet to convert my licenses to EASA. Aviation is really going downhill right now but I believe converting licenses while keeping my job is possible? That’s why I’m asking I guess; whether it would be better to stay at a US regional and eventually go to a US major, or stay at the US regional, convert my licenses, and come to the UK.

Of course I don’t plan to look for jobs in the UK atm until this situation clears up. Few months or a few years maybe, I just like to plan ahead.

Last edited by dylanhk; 16th Apr 2020 at 01:39.