PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LOT buys CONDOR
Thread: LOT buys CONDOR
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2020, 19:03
foxcharliep2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ATC Watcher
Yes plenty of those in Germany , the small problem is that it is the same people that are the most vulnerable in case they get infected and are likely ( like in France) be those who will be locked down the longest., In addition getting stuck sick in another country is not exactly that appealing anymore to that age group. I also do not see Lufthansa , having just reduced significantly their fleet and closed down Germanwings taking them on board with their 25 years old 767s...
That said the Condor name is still a very valuable brand name in Germany and has a marketing value , so who knows.. But Pan Am also did had a very valuable brand name ( still has) and nobody rescued them at the time ..
Feel sorry for Condor staff , have plenty of good friends among them ...
Fully agree with you ATC Watcher.

The notion of "cruise ship" travel should be over for good after this crisis.
Virus super spreaders as it has been shown so far, specially for that age group..

Why LH would take over Condor is beyond me - the only useful bit as you correctly state is the name. Nothing else.

LH did save Pan Am Germany at a very high cost back in the days. It didn't contribute anything to the company but the landing rights in Berlin. Paid for at a very high price for political reasons.

I don't see a repeat here.