PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aviogenex 737-200
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2020, 12:53
DanAir89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mooncrest
Aviogenex added some of the last-built (and a few used) 732s to their fleet in 1987. Does anybody know what involvement Britannia Airways had with these aircraft ? I know from photographs they used to go to Britannia at Luton for maintenance. I also remember the first time I heard one on the R/T departing Leeds Bradford, one of the pilots had a distinctly English (definitely not mid-European) accent. Did Britannia also train the Aviogenex pilots ?

Thankyou.
I don’t remember there being any direct link between Aviogenex and Britannia. In fact Thomson Holidays used JAT and Adria but not Aviogenex.

However, BY could have done the maintenance but perhaps JAT would have been closer to home and had a v good reputation.

Theres still a Facebook page about Aviogenex and YU-ANP.

Given how Aviogenex and the Yugoslav market used to expand in the summer and virtually disappear in the winter I wonder if their pilots came from all
over the world?

one year they had extra 727’s which were in Braniff and Icelandair livery.

the following year in addition to brand new 737-200’s ANP and ANU they had ANX, ANY and ANZ which looked like right wrecks from the outside but a friend who flew on one said that it was quite smart inside.

Finally then just before the civil war they took a number of old Hapag Lloyd 737’s.