PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stansted Airport History and Nostalgia
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2020, 11:15
The AvgasDinosaur

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by treadigraph
G-BANO/P were also on the dump - registered to BAF, they were ex Iberia/Spantax - wonder if they were bought for spares for BAF's Carvair fleet?
Many thanks.
Did either or both the would be ‘Son of British Eagle DC-4/C-54s end up on Stansted Fire School playground ? One may have been G-BCDT I can’t recall the other one, sorry.

There were some fairly exotic pieces of kit moved by Heavylift and probably by TMAC before them. I saw a Qatar Sea King in the hangar used by Instone being prepped for loading into a Belfast for delivery after flying in from Westlands.
It was interesting to note that the Instone Bristol G-BISU had colour coded prop and engine controls. Red and Green obviously. Can anyone confirm if the white one G-AMLK was similarly equipped?

Did TMAC and Heavylift Captain Peter Sissons ever bring his warbirds into Stansted?

Am I correct in thinking that Stansted was the chosen point for loading and dispatch of Oxfam etc aid flights?
Sorry it’s all questions, thanks for a wonderful thread and some amazing photos.
David