PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Future of the Airlines.
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2020, 06:39
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by bringbackthe80s
So this will happen on subways, trains and bars too yes? I’d love to see the effects on the London tube.

I'd better start by warning you that I got told off for mentioning the London "Tube" and social distancing by one of our more cosmopolitan posters a while back......

...but I'll stand by what I said in that post and the point you are making..there's a danger of aviation being told to enforce "social distancing theatre"..

It's seems pretty darned pointless to hit the airlines with strict social distancing regulation, perhaps on a less than one hour flight, when prior to that flight a passenger can have been on the tube/bus to the airport for more than an hour, then had a meal in a restaurant land side, then been lined up, mauled and had their possessions dragged through trays in security, then nipped into newsagents and perhaps the "pub" before boarding...and then and only then be forced into rigid social distancing.

For the more cosmopolitan - other cities/means of public transport/ airport terminals can be substituted for the London case.