PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Government Loan to Virgin Australia
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2020, 03:05
Blueskymine

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I work for the other mob, but I wish you all the best and understand it must be absolute hell what you’re feeling right now. Especially the ones who went through it before. Or the ones like me who are stood down with a family wondering how the mortgage will look towards the end of the year.

What I can say is the government introduced these measures and strangled our airline industry. It completely restricts our ability to trade. Airlines need forward bookings and consumer confidence.

So therefore there should be a sovereign backing of debt for our airlines, ticket guarantees for consumer confidence and if the airlines can’t meet their debt when this is over, then so be it. However right now they should be afforded life support as necessary to hibernate and be ready to turn on again in the future.

Yes, the government can’t pick winners or losers, but it’s the government who’s done this to its companies and citizens to save its health system and liability. So it’s the government who needs to sort it out.