PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Government Loan to Virgin Australia
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2020, 02:12
mmmbop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Colonel_Klink
It’s interesting when people refer to the free market - because the market is exactly the opposite to that right now. In fact there is no market because of (the correct) government actions.

And for those that think the free market is the answer to everything - I assume you don’t support the money on offer to regional airlines? Or the money being spent keeping childcare centres open. Or the money being given to universities to help them offset the massive loss in revenue from foreign students. I also assume you’ll hand back any job keeper subsidy you (or your company) is receiving because sure as hell having the government chip in $3k a month per employee isn’t a free market either.
No Colonel. Not my belief, but what the Liberal Party is built around. Hence why people comment "its obvious the Labor Party would have bought out Virgin wheres the Liberal Party isn't going to"

The free market means minimum intervention by the government. Despite the narrowing of the difference, LNP and ALP still do differ here slightly. It doesn't mean no intervention. So hence why the government's current intervention strategies have been what they've been. e.g. the $715m package.