PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - S.E.A. Helicopters Sdn Bhd
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2020, 02:05
Saint Jack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please allow me to post a couple of up-dates to this most interesting thread.
Helicopter doctor : Ref your Post#15 in April 2015. Dave Sanders is still in Singapore. I'm afraid he's not in the best of health having been overcome with dementia and is now confined to a wheelchair at home. The good news is that he is being well looked-after by his loving wife and a very capable live-in helper. He is visited regularly by his friends from around the region. I first met Dave in the early 1980's when he worked for Heli Services Pte. Ltd. and was assigned to fly the Bell 205A-1's on their heli-rig operation in Sylhet, Bangladesh. I met him again later in Singapore where he was doing a lot of free-lance work with Bell Helicopter Asia, testing, demonstrating and delivering helicopters for them. A real gentleman.
gnow : Ref your Post# 22 in June 2016, Nasir Ma Lee, one of the real "characters" in the Malaysian helicopter scene during his day, died following a crash sometime in the early 1990's. I understand he was flying a small fixed-wing aircraft that went down in a remote area. It was said that he survived the crash but died before help reached him. When the aircraft was eventually located, it was said that Ma was found "in a praying position." I first met him in early 1980's in Singapore when he was flying for Genting Sdn. Bhd. and took their Bell 206L-1 down there for some maintenance. I crossed-paths with him again at the Seganbut Heli Base in the late 1980's. Blue skies Ma.

Apologies for some very vague dates - it was a long time ago.....