PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Government Loan to Virgin Australia
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2020, 13:08
Flava Saver

Received 14 Likes on 2 Posts
I’m so annoyed my friends in VA are caught up in this. I really am. Rips me up.
I’m so annoyed that the (foreign) investors of VA and the board have got it to this point. And aren’t backing it up.
But why is PS pleading to the government to bail them out for $1.4 billion when they owe almost $5 billion in debt? I’m sorry... what an effing mess. It may not be his fault as such, but I’m sorry, my tax paying dollars don’t deserve to go to a foreign owned outfit that can’t get their stuff in order. I challenge anyone to explain to me why MY and everyone else’s taxes should bail an individual company out? And forget the two airlines needed to keep the air fair, whilst they’ve been here 20 years and are in this situation! But you haven’t paid much in the way of Aussie tax I’m afraid, and were quick to take advantage of the Ansett collapse many years ago.

Shut the doors. And another door will open. History has shown this with VA after Ansett. Hopefully an outfit can emerge that’s strategic enough, and not stupid like VA has been, and be a proper 2nd airline in Australia? Alliance has been a quiet achiever for 20 years and maybe they are the ones to step up for Australia.