PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Seniority
Thread: Seniority
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2020, 05:18
normanton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the lecture angryrat, but I haven't been fueling any insecurities at all.

I do believe the RIN process should be followed. Even the chief pilot thinks that. He was asked this exact question in a webinar, and he replied "we will follow the RIN process at an appropriate time".

Furthermore, HR have confirmed on the webinars that the stand down has no time limit.

Many people, including your senior colleagues can see exactly whats at play here, and how the company is maneuvering around it. The company is following the EBA as it stands - they are just using a provision that many senior pilots aren't happy with. It's our senior colleagues who have clearly been trying to wiggle their way around the EBA by using their "seniority" to move to the "light twin" when in fact, they can't do that under the EBA provisions in play here. So forgive me, as a junior pilot in the company for standing up for myself, and countless others who all have a career at play here.

And I don't buy your argument that all senior pilots voted YES to secure the 350 flying for the younger generation. It was going to be a much closer YES vote, until the unfortunate dose of reality hit many of our senior colleagues about just how important it suddenly was to secure the flying. I can only imagine how many of them are now thinking "thank christ we secured that 350 jet".

And yes, I am very pissed off at the company for screwing around senior pilots on long term sick leave. It's appalling.