PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My dream - advice please (collective thread)
Old 14th Apr 2020, 01:06
giggitygiggity

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Starting a 3/4 year uni course in autumn 2020 is probably about as sensible option as you can go for right now - certainly not a 16 month flight training course!

The world is on pause and you need to figure out how you can ride out that pause. Either work in whatever you can find, although that limits earning potential, or perhaps study in an inexpensive manner. University in my country is fairy expensive, but relatively affordable considering the three to four years it takes to get a degree and loans on offer.

Pick a valuable course, the only sure thing about coronavirus is that nations are going to have to increase their budgets for biological sciences and virology so a degree in that field is probably your safest bet if you’ve got the qualifications. Medicine is always a good shot, but you need to be best in your school for science and realistically, if that was the case, your teachers would be pushing you in that direction anyway without having to defer to PPrune.

2020 is categorically not the year to embark on a flight training course. Aviation will never be the same. The earliest I’d imagine it would return to 2019 levels is perhaps 2024-5? Ride this gap out doing something useful and constructive as a flight training course is, totally redundant right now!