PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Temporary work opportunities...help a mate!
Old 13th Apr 2020, 18:43
Bell Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Return of service obligations

Can anyone give me a little advice with regards to return of service obligations during these difficult times?

Situation - I’ve been employed by an operator for less than six months and my contract states that I’m obligated to pay for a return of service relating to certain things that I won’t mention here. Pretty general and fair stuff if circumstances were normal.....

I’m now looking at potentially being forced to take leave without pay for an indefinite period. Question is, if I were lucky enough to get another job (which is likely as I’ve got a few other qualifications) what would my obligations be with regards to paying any outstanding return of service penalties? Obviously I’d resign if I was able to get another job.

Essentially I’d be walking away with nothing, however I’m not in a position to sit around on zero pay for months.

I’m probably one of the luckier ones, however the short term future still looks grim. I also lost my previous job last year due to reasons beyond my control, which caused a heap of stress, hence I’m still trying to recover from that disaster!