PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus- Rostering and Seating Issues
Old 13th Apr 2020, 12:27
bex88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It’s simple, like swine flue etc the majority of the population will get it at some point. You can’t hide from it forever and for the vast majority it is mild. The measures put in place are to increase the time frame over which the population becomes infected. This allows healthcare systems to put measures in place to cope without being overwhelmed. The airflow through my aircraft type ensures the cabin air is completely replaced every three minutes. There is not much we can do other than be strict with hygiene and aircraft cleaning. Is there a case for restricting load factor? Possibly.

I speak as someone who has a family member who has in all probability had Covid 19. It is not a wild guess either as it was my father who until retirement was a doctor his whole working life. I won’t pretend it is nothing and his symptoms would probably be on the mild to moderate side. Swine flu put him in bed for two days. Covid put him in bed for five days and he continued to feel pretty rough for a good 10-12 days. He had muscle pain, fatigue, a dry cough, loss of smell, loss of taste and a temperature of 37.9 for close on a week. The temperature seemed worse later in the day.

Anyway I forget my point but essentially sensible precautions without throwing ourselves into a health disaster or a global depression.