PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I demand to be an Airline Pilot - Tell em they're dreaming
Old 13th Apr 2020, 04:45
George Glass

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Both statements are true , Super Cecil.
I have had the good fortune of experiencing the best years of the aviation industry.
But everybody in the industry knows that over the last 20 years there has been a relentless chase to the bottom at every level.
Flight Attendants, baggage handlers, front of counter staff and low cost carrier Pilots have all had their terms and conditions smashed.
The travelling public has become addicted to cheap airfares and don’t think for a second how that has been possible.
Now big fat chickens are coming home to roost.
Many positions like Flight Attendants , baggage handlers were casualized. Now there are all screwed.
Low cost operators work on wafer thin margins and small if any cash reserves. Zero resilience. Now they are screwed.
And yet some posters still bitch and moan at the shocking cost of airfares on carriers that price their services properly.
The industry as a whole will come out of this back to where it was at the end of the GFS. Zero net profit since WW2.
This shake up was always going to happen. Now it has and many people will suffer.
Thirty years ago I would have recommended an aviation career in a heart beat.
Now , young people ,go and do something else.

Last edited by George Glass; 13th Apr 2020 at 05:01.