PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DHC-82 operating costs?
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2020, 03:46
lucille

Received 119 Likes on 62 Posts
Thanks for all the advice. TW.. about 500+ DHC-2 hours but 40+ long years ago. I’m in SE Queensland not near any major airports. As soon as this China Virus debacle is over, I’ll go get recurrent in a TW.

This Tiger idea was just for myself, no syndicate, no commercial ops just me and a leather helmet for company.

Yes, my eagle eyed friends, that 200 hours number was indeed optimistic - I only suggested it so the big ticket items would look half the price at an hourly rate.

I do own an adjustable spanner and couple of rusty screw drivers and like tinkering and getting my hands dirty.....hence the idea of an older simple aircraft.

Meanwhile, Ill go check out AAAA. I should have done this first.

On balance an RV8 or similar might make a lot more sense, except it’s not an open cockpit and besides, better doesn’t always translate to more fun or satisfaction does it?

And why a TW? I like not being able to see where I’m taxying..it sort of adds more spice to the day. That, and the pathetically low crosswind limitation for the complete habanero experience.

cheers

(ps.. don’t get ya nickers in a knot re.. the adjustable spanner thing above .... I actually do have a Snap-On tool kit and I paid for all my flying lessons by being a hangar rat 45 years ago). I may be useless, but not completely so.