PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - S.E.A. Helicopters Sdn Bhd
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2020, 01:08
David Underdown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SEA

Originally Posted by kirt178
Hi, the Aussie guy may have been my father Mike Kirton, who was the fixed wing and Chief Pilot who stayed on when they morphed into Hornbill Skyways.
Hi I worked with Mike in the 70's in Kuching and he and Charlie? were flying fixed wing and myself flying Jetrangers with Chick Baron, Tilgner (who crashed a Jetranger trying to let down through cloud in Sarawak) and a Malaysian pilot (nice kid, can't remember his name) also killed when a skid got caught on a floating log helipad and the machine turned over and I think he was drowned).
I was doing flying doctor operations in the 7 divisions and carting ministers around to kampongs.
Managed to get out back to Aus before the s##t hit the fan with Mac Donald (I actually got paid, but the Malaysian Tax dept contacted me in Sydney for back taxes Mac hadn't paid. I sent them a copy of my contract which included the company paying our taxes and they were happy with that and chased Mac instead).
He really dudded some of the other employees, bit of a bastard and a crook!
Could you let me know how to contact Dawn (With her permission), would love to catch up, so would Chick Baron.
Alan Watson has full blow dementia apparently and Chick is trying to find out which nursing home he is in.
Regards
David Underdown
[email protected].