PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice for the Covid Graduates
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2020, 22:45
truckflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by the1917
Having just replied to your narrow-minded reply on another thread Truckflyer, I am disappointed in myself that I too have fallen into your comfort zone of creating a vivid image of another person’s character.

When I read your post I began to imagine a bigoted, anti-EU, red-faced middle class male baby-boomer. Sat on a metaphorical perch preaching the imaginary benefits of Brexit with scant regard, or knowledge, of how it may affect people outside of your comfort zone, i.e. the perceived challengers to your security.

But then I remembered that it is dangerous to make assumptions. I’m sure that you, like all airline pilots, spend more than sufficient time considering how you may be able to use your experience to help the next generation, regardless of your biases.
For your information, I am not even a Brexiter, not that's any of your business.
"help the next generation" - pardon me, do you need to have everything given on a silver plate for you? It's hard work, and so far I have met less than a handful of Captains that are as you describe, so I am drawing my own conclusions on the drivel you have been writing.

Maybe they job was not what you expected, tough, get over it and move on.
Remember the grass is rarely greener on the other side.
And to say "help the next generation" - if you are nice and friendly without any preconceived attitude you might discover most are very helpful, however your post clearly does not give me the impression that you are one of those.

If so maybe change you attitude, get the chip of your shoulder, and discover that you are not skygod, just because you have few hours on a commercial aircraft and where you think everyone else is to blame for your misfortune.

You feel you are above working for companies such as Ryanair and Wizz, what an arrogant attitude. What makes you think that you deserve better than the rest of us have gone through before we get better jobs?

I leave it with a copy and paste of your post, which actually tells me no need to waste more time on you, with that attitude you will never make it in this business, one word of advice, the aviation industry is much smaller than you might imagine.

From one of your previous posts on another thread: (the1917 wrote
"To spend between £50k and £100k to gain employment with Ryanair may be attractive to many aviation enthusiasts.
Aviation enthusiasts also become husbands, wives and parents, if not already. As ‘exciting’ as it appears to rotate in a 737, invariably the interest wanes on the fifth shift of the week when the family are struggling to cope in a foreign country.
The reality is that we all train to fly and hope for a dream life in skies, to eventually discover that it is the worst job of anybody in our respective social groups."