PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I demand to be an Airline Pilot - Tell em they're dreaming
Old 12th Apr 2020, 11:47
Heywoodjablome

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After 30 years in the industry myself working on the ground for a major airline then for an airport operator being married to an ex hostie who was later an airline res centre manager I have had a lot of time in the industry. As well as my son who worked for a ground handling agent & my brother-in-law flew as a flight attendant for 37 years, I feel I am qualified to comment on the immediate future of the industry. Unfortunately with the way business has carried on with electronic conferencing country & even worldwide I think a lot of businesses will decide to conduct future meetings remotely which will result in a lot less business class & even economy class flying & a lot less hotel expenses. If this is correct ( & I hope I am wrong ) the industry will take a long time to recover with a lot of casualties in regard to carriers & as a result their staff be that air or ground crew & subsequent general airport staff will be affected in a huge way.