PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Never fly with a full bladder
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2020, 11:14
BEagle

Received 270 Likes on 109 Posts
One Summer we flew our mighty Tin Triangle to Malta for a 2 week detachment....

After the usual pre-flight planning, meal, crew-in and snag rectification, we finally took off and pottered up to join airways at FL430. The AEO had drunk rather too much tea pre-flight, so not long into the flight he decided that he needed to use the delightful relief facility. For such a small chap, it seems that he had a surprisingly large bladder; whether or not that overstressed the system I do not know, but it split and decanted the contents over the cabin floor, before trickling down to the lowest part of the floor...

The crew entrance door. Where after a couple of hours, it froze.

We then descended into Malta where, perhaps unsurprisingly, it was quite hot - around +30 deg C.

Striding out to greet us came the DetCo, known to us all as 'Paddington Bear', in his smart KD shirt, shorts and bondhu boots clutching a six-pack of Cisk. As soon as the engines were shut down and the chocks were in, Paddington opened the door from outside, receiving a tidal wave of AEO pee in the process. Up front we heard Paddington's yell of outrage "You buggers - I bring you out some beer and all the thanks I get is that you pee all over me!".

Good chap, he did at least see the funny side. But it cost the AEO a fair few beers!

Worse though was a certain Scottish Victor captain who had occasion to use the ration box for other than the intended purpose, earning himself the nickname, when he came to the VC10K, of Wee Jock Poo-Pong McPlop!