PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stansted Airport History and Nostalgia
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2020, 10:09
Sotonsean

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by TCU
Great fire dump/ATEL ramp shots. Remember cycling around to the fire dump from the terminal as part of a days spotting. Past the end of 05 threshold, left at the Kearsley hangar then left again at Four Ashes.. I have a picture somewhere of a Falcon 10 or 20 that languished on the dump for many years, plus a few of the Aeroamerica 707's that would frequent ATEL before ending their days in a dismantled state.

Air Asia X - Kuala Lumpur
American Airlines - O'Hare
Continental - Newark
EOS - JFK
MaxJet - LA, Las Vegas, JFK, Dulles
Sun Country - Minneapolis
Emirates - Dubai

and Ryanair! My first flight with them was way back in November 1993, STN-DUB, out in BAC 1-11 - 523FJ EI-CCX and back in BAC 1-11 - 501EX EI-CIB
My list was referring to "all international flag carriers/airline's that have previously" operated full scheduled passenger services from London Stansted Airport over the years right up until the present day.

If you look at the list it only list's scheduled "flag carriers" that previously flew from London Stansted Airport.

None of the airline's that you have listed are international flag carrier's.

Other than the airline's that you have listed there are many many more, a topic I shall pick up on later.

I am going to do a post regarding the US flights from London Stansted Airport during the 1990's and 2000's shortly where I will mention the other airlines.

FYI American Airlines also briefly flew to New York JFK in 2007/2008, flight AA124/AA125.