PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I demand to be an Airline Pilot - Tell em they're dreaming
Old 12th Apr 2020, 01:42
Super Cecil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Settle down Dr, I did not say, nor do I despise airline flying. Where did I say I hate it? Where did I warn youngsters against it? I have some good friends in airline work, most enjoy their career choice.
Airline employment is a worthwhile career (For some) filling a professional need, just not for the job for me, the same as working in an abattoir.
Prune is a professional pilots rumor network, not just an airline forum, everybody can contribute.

Be thankful more aren't chasing your "Dream job" and working for nothing just so they can call themselves "Captain".
The likes of the US where feeder airline pilots (Dash 8's and ATR's) were working 3 jobs so they can work for paltry wages doing their dream job.
Some of you people seem very offended not everybody thinks airline flying is a dream job.
The original thread title and first post was rather pessimistic about chances of future employment, I was merely offering an alternative