PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What are the airlines doing about the NAS ?
Old 21st Nov 2003, 06:27
onya

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Funny you should ask that Chief. Airline I work for has banned the use of IFR Pickup, VFR on top and VFR climb. To the point where it is a sackable offence. From speaking to pilots that work for other companies it appears to be across the board. Know of 4 other airlines in OZ that have banned the use of the new "concepts" . So I suppose at the end of the day dick and his cronnies have failed. The industry doesn't like it but that doesn't seem to matter. ATC are appalled at the whole thing and thats from the guys that are trying to work it. Safety has gone out the window. Why the hell we allow a private pilot to have so much say in this industry is beyond me. To provide our customers with the maximum safety barrier I think it's best that we stick to what we know. And before anyone rips it into me I've looked at this from all angles and it's not good. Been to the seminars, spoken to colleagues. It's got a lot of holes in it.
Good luck Fellas..........cos it appears luck is the only thing holding the whole shambles together.
Onya