PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is it possible I've had Covid-19?
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2020, 14:15
Radgirl

Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts
Apologies for not providing instantaneous opinions jolihokistix

Loose rivets, I feel I know you as well as my own patients....... the right heart failure is simply a possibility mentioned by your GP as you are one of our senior pilots and had swollen feet, but it could be anything and you need an echocardiogram to decide. As you are on the mend I would forget it.

Back to the main symptoms. First timing. I am very suspicious this all started well before December but the UK was early February, mainly south coast, so you have to be in the right place at the right time. Initially travelers from Singapore and Australia and skiers from Europe at half term. Only you know if such contacts were likely

Dry cough, tiredness, aches and pains and headache all fit SARS-CoV2, but also fit other viral infections as Asturias56 points out. Loss of taste or smell, mild diarrhoea, nausea, nosebleeds also suspicious if you had them..... however given your history published over the years on this thread and your 'over 21' status you might have been assumed to NOT have had it as you would most likely have been seriously ill.

This isnt just an interesting discussion during lockdown - it is at the heart of where we go next. Without testing and tracing we cant stop lockdown. WHEN we can stop lockdown is when the number of new cases is LESS than the ability to track and trace. So we must close our borders to humans, get the tests going and introduce contact systems - I like phone apps

You can do a fingerprick antibody test - there are several that do work. The government doesnt like them because 10-20% of patients dont produce significant antibodies. The test is then negative - not because the test is faulty but because it is correctly identifying no antibodies. The test tells us the proportion of the population that has been infected, whether an individual HAS had it (but not whether they have not had it!!) and who can safely unlock. Sadly the test is only available to doctors but that would likely be the answer to your question because it is the younger patients who on the whole dont produce antibodies

I will stop now dear friend having been rude about your age so many times. I apologise. Stay safe