PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I demand to be an Airline Pilot - Tell em they're dreaming
Old 11th Apr 2020, 11:08
Super Cecil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by neville_nobody
I'm not sure that really hold true anymore. Everyone I have ever worked with who tried that is no longer flying professionally or moved into an airline. Ultimately there are few career flying opportunities outside of airlines in Australia. Sure you can travel the world continually chasing GA jobs, but ultimately that gets tiring or you get married and the wife just wants to settle down. I don't think that the whole FIFO pilot gig to some third world country is all that appealing over a long period of time either. Most domestic airlines or regionals have you home enough to make it pretty enticing to most people, assuming you can make the grade.
Sounds like your describing an International airline pilot, how many of those do you know who are still on their first wives? Or third wife for that matter?
George, I wasn't saying being a Captain wasn't the job for you, go your hardest if that's what floats your boat. I was saying it's not everybody's dream job..
It doesn't appeal to me, that's not why I learned to fly.