PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - investments for pilots?
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2020, 08:36
Ninja chauffeur

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@146: you started by assuming I was into toys and bragging. Which couldn't be further from what I stand for.
No it doesn't really add value to say .... And then you die. I started a simple and hopefully educative post for all who click on it, a real shame it attracts negative comments for nothing.
And if I assumed things, then I apologise for it.

@Halas: Many greats give investment advice (your very own Warren Buffet, Ray Dalio, Kyosaki, ... the list is long). To me it makes sense to listen to what they say, beyond their inflated ego's. And yeah, I don't see much problems with sharing investment advice if you're onto something good. You can buy BRK stock and share your reasons with the world, it's not going to take all the available shares away from you... Not every investment is like an oil rig, finite and beneficial only for the rig owner.

I'll still listen to all advices, analyse them in detail, and then take my own decisions like a grown up. Indeed I won't act on the Matt's and John's from pension funds targeting UAE expats on a constant basis, but saying that all people sharing advice is cocky and out of self interest is not really smart either.

I'll make up my own mind on the advices I get. We should all be smart enough to filter the bs from the more valuable feedback. I'll say it again, I'm not looking for the next get rich quick scheme, forex scam, local property to buy... But I am assuming that there are lots of pretty smart pilots in the region who do invest in the right things, and who have genuine experiences to share that can benefit us all. My ego is pretty unimportant and I won't pretend I know it better than all advice givers. I want to learn.

@directimped : that's the whole aim. Spending more and better time with family. Back home. Corona kinda messed things up though, no jobs back home in the US, Europe or Asia... However I don't agree that you can't leave the UAE with a solid base. Our salary allows us plenty of saving, take your extra AED and invest it out of the country, where you get better safety/returns/protection or whatever it is you are looking for, where economies are a little more robust or don't depend on your wasta.
I don't think I'm causing serious damage to my sons right now. If so, any one with kids in the UAE should leave?

This is meant to be a positive thread, not a pissing contest, we get that enough in our industry. Let's try to stick with motivational posts and positive advice?