PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air NZ pilot redundancies
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2020, 02:46
anonfly

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Slezy9
Nope, last on the list, first off. It's going to be expensive to get everyone into their new seat.
Is there a clause that mentions exceptional circumstances or unforeseen event? We have one in ours and in layman’s terms it means.
Company will do as it pleases as we are in a fight for our survival and to hell with your GDOJ LIST. The cost of retraining everyone and downgrading is prohibitive. We will make redundancies as we see fit within the fleets to manage cost.
I can’t see them doing it from the bottom up personally.
It’s going to be a mammoth task for the unions involved but I can’t see what leverage they have over the company when it’s receiving a bailout to the tune of $1B and owned 52% by the government. They will want results. That may mean some seniors pilots end up on the chopping block.
I would be looking at it as no one is safe.
Myself personally am stood down, not expecting a bright future so am dusting off the steel cap boots and getting my hands dirty. Nothing else for it.
I wish you all luck. Have a lot of friends at AirNz and it’s an absolute shambles what is happening worldwide to our industry.
Take care of one another and hopefully in a couple years time we all hear each other in the air again!
Best Wishes