PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Not able to select fresh You Tubes from right menue
Old 10th Apr 2020, 20:38
jimjim1

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
If you do a google search for what you want I imagine it will appear.

[youtube Appassionata Valentina Igoshina] -- without the brackets

If you like try the youtube search box, but I have never used it.

It seems that Youtube 'learns' what you play and makes an autoplay list (down the right). There also seem to be other suggestions shown in the play window that appear for a few seconds after the video ends. It then plays the top one in the right hand list unless you click on one of the options in the video play window. If you want time to consider the play window options, press pause, soon, there is not much time.

All the suggestions can change after each video.

If you want to reset it all there are (at least) two separate cases.

1. You log in to google/youtube
You will probably be able to get rid of your play history. Failing that create a new account. The latter is not perhaps practical if you use gmail or other services. Probably also have to deal with cookies, See below.

2. You don't log in - and probably if you do too.
In that case your history is I guess stored in cookies. You can delete them but you will lose any saved logins. Cookies can be deleted by site but some providers use more than one site so you need to have a look around. youtube.com, youtu.be ... I have not seen people be deliberately obscure with this - I have no idea why not!

Finally if you think the site is misbehaving clear the cache.

Take care not to clear anything you might regret - remembered passwords in the cookies being the main one I can think of at present. Well bookmarks, browsing history. I use the browsing history a fair bit, not often explicitly but if I type NY into the address bar it pulls up nytimes.com right away.