PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2, Tui Or Ryanair?
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2020, 11:22
Rt Hon Jim Hacker MP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by brn-2-fly
Does anyone notice a trend here that anything even remotely positive mentioned about TUI is quickly knocked down by those at Jet2?

Why is that?

I notice that when Thomas Cook were still around it was a friendly competitive attitude, just banter between colleagues at the two employers.
Certainly only my opinion but it’s quite sad that it’s not just the odd comparison of T’s and C’s these days, the impression I get more often that not is it’s basically whatever Jet2 do is the best, and anyone else can happily keep quiet.
I was one of the 600 who lost their job when Thomas Cook folded. Luckily, I was offered a new job with Jet2. I have found them to be excellent and I'm very happy with the overall package. I applied for dozens of jobs but my main focus was staying in the UK. I'm sure I would have been equally happy with TUI but I didn't get an interview.

Some people are rather childish about "their airline" being better or superior to others. What matters is that as an employee you are happy. Simple as that.

Lets hope we are all around wearing our existing uniforms 6 months from now.