PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dual Input Airbus
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2020, 17:48
Vessbot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vilas
The Connected SS can be helpful but I think the tactile feed back and soft stop is not in synch with Airbus FBW i.e. flight path stable. It will be too much contradiction. The other thing I want to know is in any aircraft in instrument conditions when a pilot wants to make a pitch change isn't he supposed to look at the PFD to know it's happening? Maybe if instinctively an input is given without reference to PFD but at least afterwards is he not supposed to check that the correct amount of change has happened? In 447 case a very high input was given and was never checked by any of them. OK the side sticks are not connected but in clouds with AP disconnected the PM never looks at PFD then what was he monitoring?
I don't see a contradiction between linking the sticks and the Airbus control law. That just means the other pilot's hand force is fed into your stick, and doesn't necessitate anything more.

If, additionally, a force proportional to speed deviation is fed back, that would make it speed stable and incompatible with what Airbus does. But nothing means that has to happen. The only other force could be a spring force from center, as is the case now.