PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair
Thread: Wizzair
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2020, 12:06
samatyranin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hid3
Yeah, I think everyone's aware that the recruitment is closed (note I asked "what was the situation").
And the priority list is logical too - they want to hire a person who'd require minimal investment thus having most experience.
But the question still remains - considering large pool of choice, do zero hour cadets slip inside or it's more an exception?

Thing is that as long as they have those experienced comming in - chances getting in as a non TR cadet are rather slim. Just like when Air Italy suspended their operation and filed for bankruptcy. They even posted job offer for Air Italy Pilots only. I don't know really how many of them came to wizz air. But one that we can be sure is that once this (coronavirus pandemy) is over they will have rather good flow of new pilots since many airlines will probably go bankrupt, meaning alot of experienced pilots on the market. They will probably spread evenly across domestic carriers and RYR and WZZ. It will last a while and it all depends on many various factors like - when it will actually end, how fast people will feel the need for flying (i.e. deffered summer vacation and so on) + one of i belive most important factor for now - B737MAX certification. I think as soon as they will be able to fly again wizz will have to contract cadets. They are not able to cover their needs for new pilots with Pilot Academy only.