PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stansted Airport History and Nostalgia
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2020, 02:09
Sotonsean

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by HZ123
On a trivial subject as a Constable at STN in I believe 1973 Paul Getty arrived in the middle of the night in a twin turbo about the size of a G1. I believe it was Rouseau Aviation/Airline, featured in much of the press the same day. Stating we had all been instructed to look away from him as he disembarked. I remember it was a weasel like elderly man. Am I right or was it someone else?
Considering the fact that you were a police constable on duty at the time of the event I should imagine that you would have more insight to the events of that evening compared to the majority of others reading this thread!

In 1973 Rousseau Aviation had a fleet of 2 Fokker F-27s, 2 HS.748s, 5 Nord Aviation-262s Fregates, 1 Beachcraft Baron, 1 Beachcraft Bonanza, 1 Cessna172.

​​​​​​Rousseau Aviation was sold to TAT Touraine Air Transport in 1973, the name disappeared in 1976 having been totally absorbed into TAT.

What month in 1973 are you referring to?

You do realise that 1973 was a very significant year for the Getty family with John Paul Gettys Grandson, John Paul Getty III being kidnapped for ransom in Rome that lasted for several months which inevitably involved his ear being cut off!

John Paul Getty III was aged 16 at the time of his kidnapping in Rome at 03.00 on Tuesday 10 July 1973.

Although being one of the richest men in the world at the time, John Paul Getty was indeed a very weasel like elderly man.

I wasn't expecting to be discussing this event on the Stansted Airport History and Nostalgia thread!