PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southend-2
Thread: Southend-2
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2020, 20:25
BA318

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SARF
the pent up demand will be huge.. once again the brunt of this will be on the younger and poorer .. those that don't frequent airports.

the hosing of taxpayers cash will benefit those with assets just as it did in 2008 onwards .. those that love an airport. when Heathrow gets shafted and all this becomes a distant memory. they will talking about another runway and Gatwick or stanners sooner than you think
You are more optimistic than the airlines. Lufthansa doesn’t expect demand to go back to 2019 levels for several years. Even on short haul they are retiring 11 A320s and 10 will also leave Eurowings.

The younger and poorer absolutely do frequent airports now. Masses of the growth has been that people who previously couldn’t afford to travel do now. Think Eastern Europeans coming to work in the UK and then going home for visits, students on weekends breaks, people commuting etc.

This will also make people realise their priorities. On a personal level I commute between London and Stockholm (usually from LHR with SAS) but following this, it has made me want to end the arrangement as soon as possible and I’ll relocate fully to Sweden ASAP so I don’t end up stuck or apart from my family in the future.